Ultima Restoration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultima Restoration

“We Recreate Worlds”

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Status and Volunteering

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emperor Norton I

Status and Volunteering Empty
PostSubject: Status and Volunteering   Status and Volunteering Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:30 am

I have some questions about the Martian Dreams project. I just finished playing through the game, and am inspired to help out.

So, basic questions -

Is the project still alive?

Are you using the NN engine, or NN2? While there's prob a lot more content available for NN in the modding community, the new overhead map and party-system introduced in the newest NN2 expansion seems to make it a better fit for any of the Ultima games.

How close to the original are you sticking? Aside from some bugs I found in my playthrough, there are a bunch of tweaks I can think of that would be nice.

What are you looking for help with?

I played around with NN when it first came out. While I enjoyed the options available, I struggled a bit with the scripting as I'm not a C programmer. Still, I can paint environments well enough with those tools, and doing basic dialog porting shouldn't be that hard. I also have quite a bit of modding experience in a completely different format, Europa Universalis III.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Status and Volunteering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status and Volunteering   Status and Volunteering Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:51 am

Gratz on finishing game!

The intent is to keep the game as true to the original as possible, the base platform is nwn I, nwn II is promising for ulitma indeed, esp the overland maps (now all we need is a nice underworld).

Ultima 7 (the murder mystery) is closest to completion, though all ultima games are planned as a playable series, complete with character transfer between modules...
Back to top Go down
https://ultimarestoration.rpg-board.net

Status and Volunteering
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ultima Restoration :: The Ultima Restoration Project (Ultima Series Neverwinter Remakes) :: Worlds of Ultima II - Martian Dreams-
Jump to: